- Ruby (Be careful with version).
- Ruby Gems - is the standard Ruby package manager.
- MySQL - a Database server
- MySQL Workbench - an unified visual tool for developers which provides data modeling, SQL development, and comprehensive administration tools for server configuration, user administration, and much more.
- Editor - an IDE for RoR.
- Go to Railsinstaller and download the latest KIT
- Run the installer and follow the installation steps or you can watch the following video so you'll see the simple installation process and how to confirm that Ruby, Rails, Git, etc are all installed properly
RailsInstaller walkthrough, including interacting with Github and the Engine Yard Cloud free trial.
Hey that's great! you've got everything installed. You've written some code. If you have any troubles in Installing, Check the Rails Installer Google Group.
For MySQL and MySQL Workbench we've another wizard-based installer for Windows called MySQL Installer.
- Go to MySQL Installer and download latest release
- Run the installer and follow the installation steps